Saturday, April 12, 2008

Christian Giving

One thing that I learnt through my years as Christian is giving. Some said giving need to sacrifice a lot. I believe it is true if we first start to give freely when we know God. As we mature in Christ it become our second nature to give because Christ love compel and live in is. It is not our nature to give. People may give with motive or expect something back. Even if we are generous, it may be because of our self conscience and righteous. But for Christian we give because all thing belong to God and most important Christ first give His love and life for us. When we give we need to know why and willingly because we see the value. Otherwise our giving will be limited, conditionally and not cheerfully.

When I first started care(cell) group, I used to pick up people all over the place to joined us. Thinking back those days, I might get tired or even frustrated if the people I bring didn't response well. Or even think or ask why I am not appreciated by these people after all that I done.... well I realized that I did it all for CHRIST. It's OK if they don't response well, its OK if sometimes they hurt us or even make us angry. .. of course it would be good if they can response well. :P We do our best and let God do the rest. The motivation is from God. I draw strength from Him most of the time. God change my self-centered to more Christ centered. If we know this simple principle, no one can take away our peace and joy in God. Not people, bro & sis in church, family, environment, situation, circumstances, work and etc....

Every time we feel that we are tired or feel bad when we are serving God, check our heart motive and pray to God. It's what I do most of the time. It's amazing how God did all that change in my life. What I can say is all glory to Him... Amen

Christian giving involves:

1. Checking our motives
We should check our motive when we give. Bible encourage us to give freely and cheerfully.
This will ensure that our giving is appropriate and pleasing to God like the story of Cain and
Abel (Genesis 4:3-4)

2. Knowing God's love
Geting to know Christ more will help us to learn His agape love for us. Knowing the fact that
all things belong to God and we are only His steward on earth. What motivate ur giving? We
need to see the value

3 . Giving wisely & trust in God
Even though God ask us to give we are to be wise in giving. (Ephesians 5:15) God can provide
all our needs as we trust Him. We don't have to fear to give to God or others. Giving
generates God's blessing

No comments: